.id (Informed Decisions) outlines, in a very comprehensive article, how the health sector is experiencing a shortage of healthcare professionals and how this shortage is expected to get worse. John Kim outlines the data about healthcare professionals and education interest & availability using rural areas of Victoria and NSW as examples. The framework consists of several topics:
How big is the current nurse shortage in Australia?
- Online job advertisement for Registered Nurses, Australia
What is the current and potential future shortage in Greater Shepparton?
- Forecast gap in supply and demand for Registered Nurses and Midwives in 2036
Do rural clinical schools improve education and local supply outcomes?
- Growth in Registered Nurses, 2011-2016
- Education and residence of qualified 20-29 year olds who lived in Bendigo five years previous
But, what about the economic benefits of a Clinical School?
- Present value of costs and benefits in the next 30 years
.id’s comprehensive economic evaluation helped provide independent evidence to support the preparation of a business case for Federal Government funding submissions. A few months ago, the green light was given!
Read the article!
The economy.id site can be a valuable resource in identifying key trends shaping the Southern Highlands community. With tools such as their grant application guides and economic health checks – you can get involved with community projects that you’re interested in!
Follow Business Southern Highlands