Women lead more than one-third of Australian businesses. However, they can struggle to find the resources to develop their leadership capabilities.
CEW is pleased to offer a scholarship to an outstanding woman entrepreneur or owner/co-owner of a small business. This scholarship will help the recipient acquire the skills and knowledge they need to grow their businesses. Applicants can choose the course they believe best suits their learning needs.
Inclusions and obligations
- CEW will cover the cost of tuition fees (and a travel allowance if required) for the duration of the course, up to a total of AU$25,000
- Applicants will be asked to select an appropriate course and meet the institution’s eligibility criteria
- Applicants must choose a course that starts within 18 months from October 2022
- The recipient will be required to write a report about her scholarship experience and may be asked to speak at CEW events
- On completion of the course, the recipient will become a member of the CEW alumni community, CEW Connect
Who should apply?
- Be an owner or co-owner of a business
- Be a founder, co-founder or executive in an emerging business. (“Emerging” is considered as less than 6 years old or may be developing a new business within an incumbent)
- The business must have a turnover of under $10 million per annum
- The business must be at least 3 years old and show investor support or have gone to market
- You must provide a business plan
- You must provide a statement from your business accountant that the business is viable or a going concern
- Ideally, you will have a demonstrated commitment to causes or initiatives that support gender diversity, either personally or as a part of your business
- 5 years or more of professional experience
- Australian citizen or resident